Saturday 28 November 2009

Radio and Print Advert

As a class we listened and read a number of adverts while having to analysis them. This helped us create the codes and conventions, as this is what we will need to do, to help produce a radio advert and print.

Radio
* Extracts from the programme
* Voice-over which outlines the narrative of the programme
*Enigma Codes may somethimes be used
*Sound Effects
*Two different voice overs, which is one that is used from the documentary but also another one which is used for the schelduling, channel and title
* No longer than 50 sec, usually round up to the nearest 10.

Print Adverts includes
*Eye-catching Image which summerises the documentary
* Specific Mise en Scene,
* Simplicity (Enigma Code)
* Logo of the Channel, Logo/Title of the programme, Scheduling.

Teaser Advert are sometimes produced before an actual Print Advert/Radio Advert as it gives information for the reader/listener to be interested. Then nearer the time the final advert is produced with all relevant information on it.

As a group we decided;

Print Ideas: for the print advert we planned to keep it as simple following a typical Channel 4 Advert. The idea is to have a big shoe made up of smaller shoes with the Channel and the Title. The idea of it is to be a Teaser Advert. We are going to use a Darren Brown advert for our inspiration. Sasha got the idea for the shoes from http://www.ployvore.com, which she made the shoes from shoes which the photographs had already been done.




With this I helped Sasha ask people whether it was ok to take pictures of their shoes. As a group we also gave feedback on each production on how we though it could be improved.














Radio Ideas: for the radio advert we are thinking of using mainly footage from the documentary itself, having it quick and fast paced with an underlying music bed. This is so our audience can get an idea of what will be included in the documentary and the style it is filmed in. We are going to use a Animal Documentary advert for our inspiration.

While doing this task I learned new skills such as to import sound and how to change the pitch. I also learnt how cut tracks down. Through the process I learnt how to mix different tracks together to make them one. I thought I would have ended up missing the deadline and letting my group down but I had the structure of radio done with all sound imported and the only thing that was left to do was whether they wanted the music at the begining played throughout.

I got the structure of our radio advert from a channel 4 radio advert. This was ideal as our documentary was produced for channel 4. I tryed to use the same structure as it is the codes and conventions for a channel 4 documentary. The length of the radio advert will not excceed 48 secs as that is the maxium length of any radio advert, from looking at the channel 4 lenght of radio adverts, I decided that the length would no shorter than 40 sec as that was the min length of there advert.

However, the advert was produced using sounds from the actual documentary. I decided to use the vox pops that said more than one word and bits from interviews we did. I used the begining of the track footloose as it is also in our documentary. I also used new shoes at the end of the advert as it is in the opening titles of our documentary.


This is the process in which the radio advert was produced.

This is when the radio advert was nearly finished.

This is when I had to find abit of the documentary to put into the advert becuase it had been moved. Then I need to move everything down so they would flow after eachother

This is at the start of the process when I had only placed the music in, so I knew what time frame I was looking at.



This is where I had to cut the music down and fade the end and start in so it didn't just start randomly.


This is where I had only done the beginning music and a vox pop from the documentary.


This is our radio edit decision list





1 comment: