Sunday 15 November 2009

Editing process

Whilst editing, I had to be shown what to as I didn't know how to use the soft ware. When I knew what I was doing, I focused on the 2nd video type. I edited the Sadie Harding interview, in which I filmed as well. Within this process I learned new skills as before this I didn't know how to edit. I learned how to use Premeire software. As Sadie didn't speak very load on her interview, I had to be shown by Sasha how to change the sound levels, in which I did for the rest of the interview. I also cut the questions beginning asked out and imported cutaway shots. Whilst doing this I took screen grabs, which are shown below.
A lot of time and effort was put in to this process as it was time consuming. However is was a good experince overall which benefitted our documentary and gave me new skills which can be used in the future.When the whole documentary was put together we did a final check in which we all gave notes on what we thought could be done to improve the quality. After we gave feedback we decided on what changes need to be done. This helped us hear and give imput on eachother views.
These are cutaways shots of the process in which I edited.

This is part of the interview with Mr Swindell, I had to edit the questions being asked out so you can only hear him answering.
After I had cut away all of the qestion I had to make sure that the footage didn't jump so I had to add cutaways which makes the doucmentary flow. I Had to make sure that the cutaways I used was appropriate to the answer in which he gave.


This is the editing process of Sadie Harding's interview.

Within in this process I had to make sure that all her interview made sense. I had to add cutaways to bits in which the framining jumped.

I also had to make sure that the sound volumes were turned up as Sadie didn't project her voice, I was unsure how to do this so therefore Sasha had to show me how to do this.


Whilst editing I had to make sure that Sadie's interview was in sync as it would have destracted the audience as they would be looking at her mouth.

Natalie editing the documentary

Me editing the radio advert

and again

and again.
Me writing the shoe questions for Sadie's interview as we lost one interview and had to improvise and schelule another one.

1 comment: